We had a midwife appointment today and A came along. After having a chat about the triple marker test (I know it has a different name now, but thats what it will always be called to me since thats what it was called when I had all three of my babies) and other stuff, I finally whispered to the midwife "will she get to hear the heartbeat today??" lol to which she replied "Of course! Well...we will try anyway!". So the time finally came...I lay down and she feels my soft flabby belly to see if she can feel the fundus and sure enough...she can feel it JUST above my pubic bone. GOOD SIGN!!! She puts the doppler on me...and we hear the blood flowing through the placenta and just behind that, we hear a quiet little heart beat. She moves it around some more and there it is! Nice and loud!!! Heart beat at around 160 and we even heard some kicks! It was so great! No matter how many times Ive heard it, I still find hearing the heartbeat just amazing!!! A recorded it on her iPhone so that D could hear it later (I text them later and she said he thought it was cool and she had listened to it a few times lol)
So...where is the baby at right now:
- The baby is now about 2.5 inches (6cm) length and weighs about 0.7 ounce (20 g). About the size of a small plum
- The feet are almost half an inch (1cm) long.
- The fetus starts moving spontaneously.
- The face is beginning to look like a baby's face.
- The pancreas is functioning and producing insulin.
- Fingernails and toenails appear.
- The baby can suck his thumb, and get hiccups.
- vocal chords are complete and baby may even cry silently
- the kidneys are developed and start to secrete urine
How cool eh?! Ive been feeling flutters here and there but not all the time. I have to be very still and its always late at night.
Anyhow...thats it for now!