Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting to know me

Well, today I gave myself my 4th shot and they are going well. So far I havent really had any side affects (Ive had a slight headache thats totally minor and not needed anything for it but thats it). Im not bruised, Im not sore. It tingles for a minute or so after, but usually I give it a bit of a rub and its gone. Feeling pretty good. Tomorrow, I take my last birth control pill and on friday, I have my first ultrasound to check my lining and start the patches. Every time something new happens, it feels so much closer!!! Ive been reading tonnes of blogs of other surrogates and getting so much insight into everything...thank you to my fellow bloggers! You have helped me learn so much!!!

On Saturday, A came into my work with her parents and I met them for the first time!!! SO exciting!!! They were so nice!!! I started to get teary eyed, but had to make myself stop...didnt want to look like and idiot to her parents! lol On Sunday, A and D and her parents, and my parents are coming to my house for dinner, so that they can all meet, and so that A and D can meet the kids. Im soooooo excited about this!!!!

I got this idea from another blog (cant remember which one, so no shout out..sorry! lol). Its not the same list of questions, but I figured it would be fun for those that dont know me, can get a little insight as to who I am. Perhaps A and D will learn a bit more about me too!

Why were you given your particular name?  My mom had a foster sister, it was her name and my dad loved it...long and short of it!
How many brothers and sisters do you have? I have one older brother (and then a step sister in law, and a brother and sister in law lol)
What is your favorite thing to do? Hmmmm....eat? lol 
What is your favorite food? Hahaha....I didnt even read ahead to this questions before answer the last lol. Sushi...LOVE it!!!
What is your favorite book? The Testament by John Grisham
What is your favorite candy bar? Dark Chocolate anything (Would never turn down a Cadbury Burnt Almond Dark Chocolate)
What is your favorite cookie? My Oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
What is your favorite sport? To watch: Canucks hockey To play: Bowling LOL
What is your favorite kind of music? Celtic...but I pretty much love ALL music. If I can move, dance, sing or whistle to it, its good!
What is your favorite song? Hmmm...hard one. I love so many songs. Anything Spirit of the West (Rites of Man...July...two of my faves)
What do you want to be when you grow up? Um, I am grown up. But I want to be a doula...just cant do it until my oldest kid is old enough to care for her siblings when I am "on the job" at 3 in the morning!
What place you would like to know about? I would like to know more about where my family is from (Scotland)
What place would you like to visit? SCOTLAND BABY!!!!
What is your favorite thing about your mom? Shes easy to talk to, she doesnt judge me. Shes amazing.
What is your favorite thing about your dad? His humor. In general though, he is my favorite person...and for so many reasons I cant say just one!
What is your favorite thing about yourself? Im outgoing (which can also be my least favorite thing)
Do you like to sing? Yes...and Im afraid I cannot have music on without singing. 
Do you like to dance? Yep...to the right kind of music!
Do you like to play a musical instrument? The piano. I want to learn to play the Bodhran
What musical instruments can you play? Piano, drums
What is your favorite type of art? Photography
Have you ever seen a broadway musical? Do you like theater? Yes (Ive seen Annie, Joseph and Phantom of the Opera and Yes.
Do you like building things? Er...I dont know...sometimes...depends what it is. lol
What would you like to learn about cars? Um, I dont know!
What would you like to teach others about? I like what I do and thats educate people on car seat safety. I would also like to be a Doula as I said...and I think thats teaching, and showing people how to cope with labor
How would your friend describe you to someone who has never seen you? "Shes loud and outspoken" lol
In five years, what kind of person will you be? Hopefully a better mother (as Ill be dealing with a teen!) 
What do you want to be doing in ten years? I hope to have a swinging career as a doula. Helping women get through childbirth and witnessing this miracle of life over and over!
When you have an hour of free time, what do you like to do? Watch a show and play on the computer!
What is the strangest food you ever ate? Ive not really eaten anything strange....perhaps Haggis?
Whats the craziest thing you have ever done? Ive been skydiving and yes I would do it again!!!
Whats your favorite cereal? Maple crunch of some sort lol
Whats your favorite color? PURPLE!!!!
What is your zodiac? Taurus...and I am soooooo a taurus
Are you an outdoorsy person? Heck yah! Girl Guide leader who loves to camp!!!
If you could choose any time to live in, when would it be? Mediaeval times....I love how they dressed! lol 
Do you have any pets? Our super mut dog Tasha




I think Ive bored everyone enough! Goodnight! 



2 comments:

paradykes said...

Love this insite into yourself, I may have to borrow it. Sounds like a fun thing to post.

I'm so glad your lupron shots are going well, if you start to bruise a little don't rub them as that's what our dr told us was causing ash's massive bruising.

braejuma said...

Ahhhhh good to know!!! Thanks for that tidbit! Ill remember that!!