Thursday, March 10, 2011

Meds and more meds!

So today I went to the fertility clinic to do injection training. I got to learn how to give myself my Lupron and Progesterone injections that I will have to be giving myself for the next 16 weeks.

I was only a little nervous at first, but the nurse was so great with how she went over it all. Very easy to follow. The Lupron are subcutaneous injections into my belly. They are small needles, like the ones used to inject insulin and are very easy to push cause there is not a lot of liquid. Ill be on these ones for 6 weeks. In conjunction with that, I will use Estradial patches with I replaced every second day, starting with 2 and ending with 4.
Then come the biggies. Progesterone in oil. Ill have to inject these ones intramuscular in the top part of my ass. Thankfully, I still have a little chub there so its not pure muscle lol. I tested out doing it on myself (both injections) and I did just fine. Poking it into me quick makes it easier...of course I was only using water in the syringe so I have no idea what it will feel like to actually push this oil into me...but in about 6 weeks, Ill find out lol

We had a short but lovely visit with Allison after our appointment. Had coffee at Starbuck...joked about what people must think when they over hear our conversations lol

Heres a pic of my meds! The sharps container sucks in my opinion. Its easy for little hands to get into so Im on the hunt for one that they cant...but either way Ill keep it up high.


No comments: